We are pleased to be working together with other companies and agencies in the area to promote and provide outdoor activities and education for visitors to the Isle of Purbeck and the Jurassic Coast:
• A secluded woodland campsite on the Jurassic Coast of Dorset, between Swanage, Wareham and Corfe Castle.
• Traditional, relaxed, family orientated campsite, a turn up and pitch site for tents and small campervans only
• Facilities include a small but well stocked shop on site, a toilet/shower block, an extra shower block, washing up sinks, baby changing and wash room, laundry room, chemical disposal point, Drinking water points spread across the site, 4 electric hook-up points and a cafe during peak season.
• Burnbake Lodges available for a different kind of luxury holiday. Located in the heart of the Isle of Purbeck on the Rempstone Estate, these superb architect-designed two and three bedroom lodges in a tranquil woodland setting with luxury features including Hot Tubs and Wood Burning stoves.
• Lodges are designed to blend in with their natural surroundings – but also with your comfort and relaxation in mind, available for week long visits or short breaks.
Cumulus Outdoors are proud to be a Jurassic Coast Business Partner, donating £1 from every booking for Coasteering and Climbing to the Jurassic Coast Trust. The money raised goes towards conservation and education projects all along the World Heritage Site, helping to spread learning and understanding about this globally unique coastline, and, crucially, to safeguard it so that future generations can enjoy it as much as we do today.
Jurassic Coast Trust Bespoke Educational Sessions to All School Residential Visits
With The Jurassic Coast Trust, we can offer bespoke educational sessions to enrich your school’s programme of activities, provided by the Jurassic Coast Trust team of specialist ambassadors and experts. These sessions can be used to enhance and enrich the Geography curriculum and tailored to the age group of your students.
We can also arrange sessions with specialist geologists and paleontologists who have a particular interest in the Jurassic Coast and the range of fossils found in the Swanage / Kimmeridge/ Lulworth sections of the coast. Together with exciting hands-on activities to enthuse your students!
Younger pupils have the chance to become Go Jurassic! Rangers (ages 4-11) which enables close links to the Jurassic Coast with events and promotions long after they have completed their school visit to the Jurassic Coast.
Just contact us with any specific topic or activity you wish to add to your programme.
Duke of Edinburgh Jurassic Coast Trust Sessions
For Duke of Edinburgh Award participants, a new evening session has been included in the Gold Residential week programme with expert Jurassic Coast Trust Ambassadors adding an extra dimension to the activity week. These sessions will cover specific topics of the Jurassic Coast or fossil interest to further the knowledge of the Natural World Heritage Site, and a range of topics covering environmental issues, university options and possible career developments. With presentations, photographs and numerous examples of the fossils which can be found in this area, the evening will be an interesting and unusual diversion from the action-packed activities included in the Residential programme. The Ambassador for the Swanage Gateway Town is Julian Sawyer of Purbeck Footprints a local photographer and wildlife enthusiast who is totally hooked on this part of the world. Julian engages with everyone he meets and gives a personal insight to the area, the geology, fossils and the wildlife in the Isle of Purbeck.
A beautifully maintained campsite taking tents and touring vehicles in quiet wooded fields just outside of Swanage. Great facilities on site and bucket loads of things to do, games to play and entertainment to enjoy. Love camping? You will when you come here! Call and book your place before you are disappointed!