First Aid Courses
First Aid Courses are available throughout the year at Cumulus Outdoors Residential Centre. They are delivered by trained professionals and are designed to suit individuals working in the outdoor education sector. Either look out for one of our course dates below, or, proving your group is 6 or more, get in touch today to arrange an exclusive course for your team.
Outdoor First Aid – 2 Day Training Course
The Outdoor First Aid training course is ideal for outdoor instructors and can be adapted to suit most centre and freelance staff needs. It will provide participants with the skills needed to respond to a range of emergency outdoor situations in a safe, confident and effective way.
A range of topics are covered over the course of 2 days, including assessment of the situation, prioritising treatment, moving a casualty, fractures, spinal injuries and effects of heat and cold.
After successful completion of the course, attendees will be able to undertake the role of First Aider in a medical emergency when medical assistance is more than 30 minutes away.
- Meets the requirements for the Institute for Outdoor Learning Band 3 training
- Course cost includes e manual, certificate and registration
- All equipment and first aid resources provided
- Valid for 3 years
Accommodation*Accommodation only for course attendees - £20 pppn *Food not provided
Emergency Outdoor First Aid – 1 Day Training Course
The Emergency Outdoor First Aid Qualification will provide learners with the skills and knowledge to respond to a range of emergency outdoor situations in a prompt, safe and effective way, particularly where professional medical help is not immediately available.
It has been designed for people working in environments where individuals are likely to find themselves at risk.
Over the course of the session a range of topics will be covered, including: first aid equipment, summon assistance, causality monitoring and control of bleeding.
- The qualification meets the requirements of the Institute for Outdoor Learning Band 2 training
- Ideal for teachers, centre staff, centre support staff
- Cost included manual, certificate and registration
- Course will normally be run on-site over a single day
- 2 half day sessions may be possible to suit any residential bookings at the centre
- Valid for 3 years