DofE Gold Residential Kit List
We are often asked what kit should be brought along to the residential, so here is our suggested kit list for you. If you have any questions about any items then please just call or email.
- Clothing suitable for outdoor activities; comfortable and loose fitting, two sets and no jeans please (these do not dry quickly and can be restrictive)
- Wet weather clothing; waterproof jacket and trousers
- Sun hat / warm hat
- Old clothing; for use on the mud trail
- Casual clothing; for the evenings
- 2 pairs of old trainers; one for water sports activities (these MUST be lace up, no crocks or slip on wet suit shoes) – and one for dry activities (again, not crocs)
- 1 pair of footwear for around camp; flipflop type
- Swimming costume; (bring 2 sets if owned)
- Large rucksack or suitcase to bring all of your belongings into the residential
- Day pack / back pack large enough to fit towel, lunch, water and spare jacket
- Water bottle
- Sleeping bag
- Travel pillow
- Sun tan lotion
- Towel and wash kit
- Spare towel
- Personal medication (please indicate what these are on your medical form)
- £30 cash – this is needed for the team kitty. You may bring an extra small amount of cash with you for the occasional treat, ice cream etc.
- Mobile phone – we are happy for you to bring a mobile phone and remain in contact with family and friends provided that such use does not detract from cohesion of the group.
- You do not need to bring any food– you will buy provisions for the week as a team, if you have any special dietary needs that could not easily or reasonably be met by the team from team funds please bring this food with you.
Adventure Training Equipment
We supply all of the kit you need for the activities included in the residential week other than the items above. We do not encourage bringing personal equipment due to logistical issues but if you have a specific requirement then please contact us in advance to discuss.