DofE Gold Residential Kit List
- Clothing suitable for outdoor activities, i.e. comfortable and loose fitting, at least two sets and please no jeans as these do not dry quickly and can be restrictive
- Wet weather clothing; waterproof jacket and trousers
- Sun hat/ warm hat
- Old clothing for use at the bushcraft site (it may be muddy and smokey) Casual warm clothing for the evenings
- Old pair of training shoes that you are happy to get wet when coasteering and kayaking. These need to be lace up no crocs or slip- on wet suit shoes please.
- Swimming costume
- Walking boots
- Large rucksack or suitcase to bring all your belongings in to the residental and a day backpack (this needs to be large enough to fit your towel your lunch and a few bits and pieces for daytime activites)
- Sleeping bag
- Travel pillow
- Sun tan lotion
- Towel and wash kit
- Water bottle
- Knife Fork Spoon Mug and Plate
- Tea Towel
- Any medicines that you may need (please indicate what these are and what they are for on your registration form)
- You do not need to bring any food as you will buy provisions for the week as a team. If you have any special dietary needs that could not easily or reasonably be met by the
team from team funds please bring this food with you.
- Cash; you need to bring £30 cash with you for the team kitty, you may bring an extra small amount of cash with you for the occasional treat ice cream etc.
- Mobile phones; we are happy for you to bring a mobile phone and remain in contact with family and friends provided that such use does not detract from the cohesion of the group
Adventure Training Equipment
- We supply all of the kit you need for the activites included in the residential week other than the items above.
- We do not encourage bringing personal equipment due to logistical issues but if you have a specifc requirement then please contact us in advance to discuss.