DofE Gold Residential Kit List
DofE Kit List
We are often asked what items you should bring on your DofE gold residential. See below our list of things that should be on your DofE kit list.
- Clothing suitable for outdoor activities, i.e. comfortable and loose fitting, at least two sets and please no jeans as these do not dry quickly and can be restrictive
- Wet weather clothing; waterproof jacket and trousers
- Sun hat/ warm hat
- Old clothing for use at the bushcraft site (it may be muddy and smokey)
- Old clothing for the Dorset Mud Trail (clothes will get very muddy!!)
- Casual warm clothing for the evenings
- Old pair of training shoes that you are happy to get wet when coasteering and kayaking – plus getting muddy on the Dorset Mud Trail. These need to be lace up no crocs or slip- on wet suit shoes please.
- Swimming costume
- Walking boots
- Large DofE rucksack or suitcase to bring all your belongings in to the residential and a day backpack (this needs to be large enough to fit your towel your lunch and a few bits and pieces for daytime activities)
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat (unless on a bungalow residential week, essential for all other weeks)
- Sun tan lotion
- Towel and wash kit
- Water bottle
- Knife Fork Spoon Mug and Plate
- Tea Towel
- Any medicines that you may need (please indicate what these are and what they are for on your registration form)
- You do not need to bring any food as you will buy provisions for the week as a team. If you have any special dietary needs that could not easily or reasonably be met by the team from team funds please bring this food with you.
- You need to bring £30 cash with you for the team kitty, you may bring an extra small amount of cash with you for the occasional treat ice cream etc.
- Mobile phones; we are happy for you to bring a mobile phone and remain in contact with family and friends provided that such use does not detract from the cohesion of the group
Adventure Training Equipment
- We supply all of the kit you need for the activities included in the residential week other than the items above.
- We do not encourage bringing personal equipment due to logistical issues but if you have a specific requirement then please contact us in advance to discuss.