DofE Gold Residential 2019
Looking for DofE Residential ideas?
Enjoy a unique experience on the Jurassic Coast in the stunning Isle of Purbeck in Dorset. These are the last two weeks of residential programmes remaining this year, both during the October half term period and there are limited places on offer. Whichever week fits your timetable the best, don’t delay in contacting us – we know you will have an awesome adventure!
Gold Bungalow Water Sport Activity Week
21-25 October and 28 October-1 November
- Stay in a comfortable modern bungalow with showers, beds and fully equipped self-catering kitchen with all facilities
- Awesome adventure activities to fill your week, including coasteering, kayaking, canoeing, raft racing, stand up paddleboarding,, Low & High Ropes and climbing and abseiling,
- Work as a team on a self-catering basis, you and your team will be responsible for running your camp from shopping, cooking to household chores
- And new for 2019 ‘Lake Day’ a fun round-robin day of four water-based activities kayaking, canoeing, raft racing and stand up paddleboarding
Reach your goals with our ‘Challenge by Choice’ ethos and achieve your DofE Gold Residential Award
DofE Gold Residential Dates for 2020
|Revision Special||6-10 April||£299.00 +£30 cash for food kitty|
|Water Sport Adventures on the Dorset Coast||25-29 May, 20-24 July, 27-31 July, 3-7 August, 10-14 August, 17-21 August, 24-28 August, 26-30 October||£290.00 + £30 cash for food kitty|
Revision Special with Adventure Activities
- Stay in a purpose-built bungalow within the grounds of our residential centre in Swanage with a maximum of 15 others on a self-catering basis
- Morning sessions are structured teacher-led revision times. All classroom based with timetabled short breaks and mini activity challenges because we know revising is so much better in smaller chunks with regular breaks.
- Learn new skills and re-vitalise your brain cells with awesome outdoor adventures in the afternoons
- Activities include climbing, abseiling, and coasteering on the Jurassic Coast at Dancing Ledge, the Dorset waterpark in Corfe Castle and urban orienteering in Swanage
- Evenings are free for personal study and social time; study is halted at 8.30pm and then it is time get to know your housemates and make new friends.
- Lifeskill development and uni prep with menu planning, shopping, cooking and household tasks. You and your team are responsible for keeping everyone well fed and maintaining a clean and tidy bungalow!
- Leadership, organisational skills, budget handling and team building; you may find yourself leading the team or being responsible for time keeping or the group kitty. All are great skills to master for your future!
Water Sport Adventure on the Dorset Coast
- A dual-based residential week providing both a bungalow and glamping experience with a midweek swap-over. The use of our residential centre then sleeping under canvas and also the chance to sleep under the stars in a hammock on the shores of Poole Harbour!
- An awesome selection of water based activities and also a few land based ones for the extra challenge!
- Activities include a fabulous Lake Day with four water based activities to sample – SUPS, Canoeing, Kayaking and Raft Racing, who can master the skills and which raft will float?! Coasteering, Dorset Waterpark, and new for this year a full-on Powerboat afternoon on Swanage Bay – awesome!
- Tag archery and High Ropes will bring your feet back onto solid ground – but not for long! Can you achieve the high tower challenge?
- You will work as part of a team on a self catering basis, responsible for menu setting, shopping and cooking and all housekeeping tasks both in the bungalow and at the campsite.
- Development of life-skills is an integral part of this residential programme with leadership, organisational skills, budget handling and team bonding all emphasised in the residential. You may find yourself a team leader or being responsible for time keeping and correct kit requirements, or chief cook in charge of the kitchen.
- Evenings are relaxation times spent making friends and learning about each other, plus we have an evening with a Jurassic Coast Trust Ambassador for some local interest, and facilities for film nights
- Maximum of 32 participants working in two teams to achieve the residential section of the DofE Gold Award – interested? Then contact us via the orange button or call 01929 555111 now!
Looking forward to hearing from you!