An action-packed programme of bushcraft, coasteering, waterpark, kayaking, mackerel fishing, crabbing, rock-climbing & abseiling, a Cumulus Coast adventure is the perfect choice for a school trip or leavers’ camp. Fun and educational, with links to the National Curriculum, the 3, 4 or 5 day programmes encourage students to enjoy and explore the great outdoors.
Set in a secluded, exclusive camp on the edge of Poole Harbour, with 24 hour on-site pastoral care, each programme combines traditional bushcraft workshops with adventurous activities, from coasteering to kayaking and abseiling down sea cliffs.
- The opportunity for all ages to experience an authentic outdoor adventure on the beautiful Jurassic coastline of Dorset – the perfect location for adventure activities
- We have the staff and knowledge to deliver the experience of a lifetime.
- The best camp accommodation in the area and the best staff for your group.
- The highest staffing ratios for your adventure activities – you get activities that are safe, exciting and transformational.
As a business partner of the Jurassic Coast Trust we are now also able to offer bespoke educational sessions to incorporate added depth to your programme of activities into your school’s programme, provided by the Jurassic Coast Trust team of specialist ambassadors.
- Camp-craft: Students will work through workshops scenarios which cover a range of Bushcraft skills. Tailored to meet the age and abilities of the group, these workshops are designed to enhance their skills.
- Kayaking: The students will have a lot of fun, learning how to control their kayaks and developing confidence in the water through basic paddle strokes and water safety techniques.
- Mackerel Fishing: Students will be taken along the coast to the best fishing spots with a friendly skipper who will show them the ropes and explain the fishing technique. Hopefully bringing back lots of Mackerel for the camp fire!
- Rock Climbing & Abseiling: The students will learn how to fit a climbing harness, tie basic climbing knots and enjoy sea cliff climbing.
- Coasteering: An action-packed adventure along the world famous Jurassic Coastline, coasteering takes students on an exploration of caves, rock pools and cliffs. The activity includes swimming, scrambling and cliff jumping.
- Dorset Waterpark: Dorset Waterpark is a huge Woodland Waterpark spread over two lakes overlooking Corfe Castle. Each lake features different challenges for the students to tackle.
- In-camp entertainment: The students will work in their teams to compete in a series of fun games and activities.
Food & Accommodation
Our coastal camp is set in the heart of stunning woodland next to Poole Harbour, where traditional tipis provide beautiful yet practical accommodation for our students and teachers. All of our meals are cooked at camp, using plenty of fresh ingredients. The campsite also boasts a large communual tipi with a central fire pit, a fully equipped kitchen with a generator for charging phones and laptops, plus we will take the students off your hands with our 24 hour on-site pastoral care.
Breakfast: Full English breakfast
Lunch: Beef Fajitas
Dinner: Sausage hot pot with mash / Dessert: Cheesecake
Health & Sanitation
We provide the highest level of health and safety on our courses. The camp has toilets and showers that are free of charge.
Special Dietary Requirements
Our meals are freshly prepared on-site each day and we cater for all dietary requirements, including vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, dairy free and nut free.