New Equipment for the New Year
January 17th, 2022
We’ve purchased lots of new outdoor adventure activity equipment ahead of the 2022 season.
It’s important for us to be aware of new developments in equipment and also test and maintain all our equipment for our adventure activities on a regular basis. So, as 2022 gets underway, we’ve been busy reviewing and checking everything in preparation for another busy season – replacing wherever necessary and adding new and improved options to further enhance our customer experience.
As our range of outdoor adventure activities increases, so does the requirement for new high quality equipment. All kit has a lifespan, so every piece is carefully reviewed and documented to ensure it matches the requisite safety standards.
Outdoor activities in Dorset
We want people of all ages to be able to have fun and enjoy activities to the full extent during a residential school trip with Cumulus Outdoors in Swanage. Therefore, we work hard ensure everyone has the right safety gear and uses the right equipment to keep them safe.
Our team of instructors are highly qualified and receive regular training and refresher sessions to keep their learning up to date. At the start of every activity session, young people are given a thorough safety briefing, which includes a kit fitting and explanation of how to use safety gear appropriately.
New equipment & safety gear
Here are a few examples of our new kit and equipment for this year:
- More Robens Aero Yurt Tents for our tented villages. Tested to 95k/mph wind speed providing comfort and safety
- New State of the Art Luxury Vango Airbeam Teacher Tents
- New C Skins wetsuits for coasteering
- New rescue boards for our beach lifeguards for the bodyboarding and beach safety sessions
- We have added Locator Beacons to our coasteering rescue kit as a back up to our VHF radios
- More Paddleboards due to their popularity!
- New climbing rope
- New buoyancy aids
- Archery kit
- New staff waterproof jackets!